CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life is Good When

     What is it about a newborn baby's cry that  makes you want to pick them up and love them and poke your own ear drums out at the same time. I know, you're thinking, "You should be used to that with all your kids," but you never get used to that.
     The best part now is that I don't have to get up and take care of that screaming baby. hahaha. I can roll over and go back to sleep. Although I do have to confess a little bit of anxiety about whether she's being taken care of the way I would do it, but that's the price you pay for being able to go back to sleep. You have to trust that you've raised your kids in such a way that they are ready to take care of the next generation.
     This week alone I have heard all three of my grandkids wake up in the middle of the night. Sofia was throwing up the other night and I heard bath water running at about 2am. That brought a big smile to my face. I not only got to go back to sleep but I didn't have to clean up the barf. lololol Then Liam woke up a couple of times and I just snuggled down into my blankets and drifted away. Then there's little Livia, so tiny, so cute and so hungry. I don't have to change her, nurse her, or try to figure out why she is crying.
      I get to see them every day. I get to hold them when I want to and snuggle with them and kiss their little faces but I don't have to do any of the work. 
    Yes, being the Monna is the reward for having done it all before and now you get to not do it. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. You're making me nervous. I was SOOOOO LUCKY with Peyton. I NEVER had a sleepless night, she would wake up, grunt, I would nurse and she would go right back to sleep. I remember Wes and I discussing how she hadn't cried once in days, even as a newborn, I still don't remember her newborn cry or if she had one. I didn't realize then how remarkable this all was, now I am terrified I am going to get the "real" experience of a newborn. YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete