CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 28, 2012

Olive Bread, So Good

     Oh my heavens, have I got a recipe for you. This recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman's Blog, which I get every morning, and I am convinced that if we met in real life we would be instant best friends. I tried this last night with a few variations. I used pre-sliced french bread and I skipped the green onions. And because I used the pre-sliced french bread I only had to put it under the broiler for about five minutes. This was like a delicious pizza without the nasty sauce. 
     Seriously, I made this my dinner last night. And don't be afraid of the Mayo, because it just helps make it creamy, you can't taste it. I also had mozzarella on hand so that's what I used. One more quick tip make sure the butter is very soft. It helps it spread easier. It was so good. Give it a shot.

Ingredients

  • 1 loaf French Bread
  • 6 ounces, weight Pimiento-stuffed Green Olives
  • 6 ounces, weight Black Olives
  • 2 stalks Green Onions (scallions)
  • 1 stick Butter, Room Temperature
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 3/4 pounds Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated

Preparation Instructions

Roughly chop both black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice green onions into thin pieces.
Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Bake at 325ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browning.
Mixture can also be refrigerated (up to two days) and used as a dip. Great with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment