CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 21, 2012

New Years Resolutions

     It's that time of year again. Time to start thinking of some New Year's resolutions. I would be willing to bet that over the last 32 years of marriage I have had the same resolutions 27 years in a row. I figure this means I am either an eternal optimist or an epic failure. I'll let you decide.     
     The important thing is, I am still going to make them this year too. I haven't narrowed down the details yet and to me the details are the important part. I like to make elaborate lists of goals, setting down rules as to how I'm going to accomplish said goals. (This is probably why I fail.)
      But I'm still going to make them. It's a tradition after all. Here's a few that I have been keeping on the list.
To eat healthier. (This will fall by the wayside on New Year's day.) To be a more patient and better mother. My kids conspire to make this one impossible by driving me crazy.)  To keep to a house cleaning schedule. (Don't tell me what to do.) To try and save more money. (Have I mentioned the fifteen people living in this house? They want to eat daily.) To read my scriptures more consistently. (I actually had some success with this one last year.)
     Those are just a few of the goals I have set for myself and I'm sure there will be about ten more that I can fail at before the snow stops flying.
     Do you make resolutions? More importantly, do you keep them. What had been your greatest success? What had been your worst failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment