CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Don't Wipe it Clean!!!

     I've mentioned here before that I have a love-hate relationship with technology. I love my laptop, that's the original Shiba, the new Shiba, or Shiba two, not so much. Unfortunately, I took Shiba two on a little vacation with me and while I was there I outlined a new book. I think it was about twenty-three chapters worth of work. I made notes, had scene ideas and I was pretty happy with it all.
     Then I came home and Shiba two bit the dust. She was only three months old, so you can imagine my shock. I now have it out for repair with the Toshiba people in Kentucky. The scarey thing is that when I was signing all the paperwork to have it fixed there is this little clause that says any data on your computer may get wiped out and the computer reset to the original factory settings. WHAT!!! My heart is still beating hard.
     I hate, hate, hate losing parts of my writing. Any writer will tell you that once it's gone you can't get it back the same way. It's always just a little bit different. Maybe it's better when you rewrite it , maybe not, but gone just the same. It's like losing something very valuable to you and you know it's gone forever.
     While I wait to see if all that work was for naught, I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can fix it without wiping it clean. Whoever would have thought that a mother of ten would think wiping something clean is a bad thing. Technology is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment