CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kids, Can't Live Without Them

     "There's nothing to eat in this whole house!" Always said dramatically for effect. If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard this in all my years as a mom, I would be one wealthy woman.
      And if I had a dollar for every diaper I've changed in my lifetime I could pay off the national debt, well, at least part of it.
     These are the things that as motherhood goes are universal. Just like hearing your teenage daughter complain about having nothing to wear when you can't see the carpet in her bedroom because it's buried under all the clothes she doesn't have.
     Or how about, "I can't wait until I'm eighteen and can move out of here and do whatever I want!"
     I love that one. And I can't help but laugh when I hear it. The closer they get to eighteen the more they seem to like being here, especially when they start figuring out how much rent is, and food, and cable and internet. Living for free at home starts looking pretty good.
     Kids, can't live without them, and I'm pretty sure, in my case, I won't ever get to.
     Have a great Tuesday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment