CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Here We Go Again.

      As much as I love the holiday season, I am exhausted and it isn't even here yet. It makes me wonder how I am going to make it through the next five weeks.
     My daughter Katie is visiting from So. Cal this week and I have been trying to make sure she has a good time, so we have been to Babies R Us, Cafe Rio, Red Robin, Walmart and several other places in the last few days.
     Tomorrow I will be cooking for about 20 people give or take. It will be a small Thanksgiving for our family, but it still will mean cooking two turkeys, a ham, ten pounds of potatoes, gravy, green beans casserole, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, my special strawberry Jello, rolls and seven, yes, seven pies. It makes me tired just thinking about it.
     And to make matters worse I had nightmares all night last night that when I took the turkey out of the oven it was still frozen solid. Yikes!!!
     Is it any wonder that I am happy to see the end of the holiday season.

1 comment: