CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Few Things I'm Grateful For.

     As we head into November and many of us are thinking a little bit more about all we have to be grateful for I would like to share a few of my thoughts on the subject.
     Every night before I go to sleep I pray and my prayers always start with all the things I am grateful for. Sometimes I feel as if I am repeating myself over and over again, but I am still grateful for those blessings in my life and I want my Heavenly Father to know that.
     I am grateful for my family and for the health and strength that we have that keeps us going every day. I am grateful that we have the relationships that we do. We are a family that may not always agree with what each other does, but when the chips are down and there is a crisis we are there for each other and we always will be. I really like who my children have turned out to be and I want to spend time with them. I think that says a lot about who they are.
    I am grateful for a husband that has a generous heart. He would give his last dime to one of his children if they needed it and he often does. I am grateful that my grandchildren live so close and I can see them as often as I do. I love them so much, everyone of them is special and precious in their own way. I am grateful for the home we have and where we live. I feel at peace here. I am sooo very grateful that I was born in The United States of America. I love my country and the freedoms we enjoy.
     And last but not least I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for the opportunity I have to be with my family for eternity. I can see all of us gathered together generations from now, in a much larger family room than we have now, talking over the days events and planning what we are going to have for dinner tomorrow, even though we just finished dinner tonight, that's how we roll around here. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
     I don't know why I have been so blessed in my life to have so much, but I know enough to be ever so thankful for all of it. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment