CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holy Jeans!

     It's only been cool here for about a month, which means by boys have only been wearing long pants for about twenty days. Before that is was shorts, man. This means that in the last four weeks I have been stocking up on new long pants to clothe said boys, to keep their legs from freezing in the early mornings. Ryan who is ten wears and size ten. Scot who is eight wears a size eight. They are considerate that way, trying to make life easy for their mom. Thanks boys.
    Every time I go to Walmart with a little extra money I pick up a new pair of pants for one, or both of them. They both are up to about five or six pairs each which is the goal. If I do laundry on Saturday or Sunday they have a full supply for the school week. Their is only one problem one of the brand new pairs of jeans that I just purchased has a big hole in the knee. What the heck is up with that?! They are brand new! I already threw away two pair left over from last year that had huge holes in the knees. I like to pass Ryan's old jeans down to Scot if possible, but that hasn't been the case lately.
     I know my boys love to play football at school before it starts, they have a following. A group of boys that get to school a half an hour early just to join in the fun and I'm happy about that. It's good exercise, they are never late to school and I don't have to fight all the mom's dropping off their kids right before the bell rings. I love that. But for heavens sake how many pairs of jeans can one mom buy in a month? At this rate I will have to replace all of their jeans again within a few months.
     This is a serious dent in the clothing budget, like I have a clothing budget. If you are about to go naked, or freeze to death, we get you new stuff, until then we don't want to hear about it.
     I haven't decided yet if the football is worth the cost of new jeans so often, I will have to weigh the pros and cons. Shoes are a whole other issue. We go through those like toilet paper. And speaking of toilet paper...never mind. That is a whole other blog. ")

No comments:

Post a Comment