CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The True Meaning of The Season

     Here we are at the front door of the holiday season ready to knock and let it in. Are you ready? Have you started your Christmas shopping? Is your turkey defrosting in the fridge? Are you craving pumpkin pie? I say yes to all of it. Bring it on. It's all good, right? Or is it? I wish I could somehow make Christmas less stressful and make the true meaning of the season come to life for my family.
    I have often wondered what would happen if they unwrapped a gift on Christmas morning and instead of a new pair of jeans or a game for their Nintendo DS's there was a letter from their mom. I would write a letter telling them how much I love them and how much they mean to me. I would write about all the hopes and dreams I have for them as they journey through this adventure called life. I would share all the sad, hard and important lessons that I have learned, so that they don't have to learn it the hard way like I did. I would share my testimony of the Gospel and hope it would make a difference to them that their mother is a woman of great faith. I would tell them how important kindness is and how much we need more of it today. I would tell them how family is the most thing in life and to spend as much time with them as possible because time goes by so fast before you know it your children are grown and they have babies of their own.
     I would try to tell them all of this so they would have an appreciation for their blessings and not take it all for granted. The question is, would they listen? The Christmas season means different things to people but for me and my house I want it to be about the birth of the Savior and the impact that has on our lives. If you don't focus on that, the holiday season is just another day off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment