CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Avocado Time

     The UPS man came this morning to bring me a present from my Dad in California. I large box of avocados, that are still hard, but should be ready just in time for the Super Bowl. I love, love, love these avocados. They are the Fuerte type which means they are large and fleshy and delicious. I can't wait until they are ripe. The flavor is so good you can sprinkle a little salt and pepper on them and eat it just like that. They are so much better than the little wimpy avocados you get here in Utah that seem to rot before they ripen, when you buy them hard as rocks at the grocery store.
    I really like that my dad still loves me enough to think of sending me this treat. I was just like when I was at home in Cali and my dad would Bar-b-que steak and give me the center of the steak. Now that was living. Even after I was married with kids and we would go over the my parents house for dinner, I still got the center cut. I think it made my husband a little jealous. When he was a kid they had to ration the chicken legs they had for dinner, so to see me get such good cuts of meat must have been hard on him. However, it set the standard of treatment that I expected in the years that followed and he has done a pretty good job of keeping me just as spoiled as I have ever been. That or he just decided that he wanted to eat steak for dinner too. Either way it's a win-win situation.
     We eat really well around here, as most of you know it's a battle to keep the bulges away or at least caged in a tolerable manner.
     So thanks, Dad, for the treat, I will be thinking of you as I scoop the fleshy Yummyness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment