CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mother Board This And Hard Drive That...

     We are a household of, no less than, seven laptops. Two belong to my married son and his wife. Two more belong to my college age kids, which they paid for. One is a hand-me-down from a son to a daughter and two are mine. One was given to me as a hand-me-down and I bought a new one, my first real laptop, when the hand-me-down failed. I had to explain this so we don't sound like spoiled American capitalist pigs, which we are. We're just not as spoiled as some others.
     My first hand-me-down computer lasted me three years. My brand new one didn't make it four months. My son-in-law diagnosed the problem as the mother board. And what a mother it is. I now have to contact the maker, Toshiba, and find out about sending it away to be fixed. My old computer, also a Toshiba, also has a mother board issue. I was hoping he could get that one fixed so I would at least have something to work on while my new one is globe trotting. And last, but not least, my daughter's laptop needs a new hard drive. I am up to my eyes balls in computer speak and I don't want to be. I just want my stuff to work like it should, forever. Is that really too much to ask?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment