CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thirty Minutes? Not In This Lifetime.

      Okay, anyone who knows me knows I have become just slightly obsessed with Pinterest. If you don't know what Pinterest is, I'll tell you. It is a virtual bulletin board, where you can pin whatever you like. There are all kinds of topics and you can do a search, kind of like on Google for anything you would like to find. You have followers and can follow anyone you want to, they see your pins and you can see theirs. It's really cool and fun. I think I have about seventeen boards at the moment ranging from Funny Sayings to Living Healthy to Fun Projects to Organization.
    On Pinterest, I found this list of house keeping chores that I pinned to my Organization board. I want you to notice the daily chores that are supposed to be done in 30 minutes.
 


     Now, maybe it's just me, but I don't think I could do all that daily stuff in 30 minutes. Let me give you an example of why and let me warn you the images you are about to see are disturbing and not for the faint of heart.
 
     This is my kitchen. You may think that no one had done the dishes in weeks, but you would be wrong. This is the accumulation of one day. They multiply and replenish right in my sink in a matter of minutes. This is also why I have two dishwashers in my kitchen. And even with that luxury, I can assure you that there are still lots of pots and pans that have to be washed by hand, dried and put away.
     And according to this list I should also be able to do the dishes, take out the trash, wipe down the stove and counter top, pick-up and put away, wipe down bathroom sinks and mirrors, make bed, vacuum (as needed) and laundry all in thirty minutes?
     All I can say is this is not the list of a person with more than one kid. And that kid is perfect, and she must have a perfect husband, no pets and she must move at the speed of light. To be fair. I could probably wipe down the stove top and counters, and make the bed in thirty minutes, on a good day. As for the rest of it, well, it ain't happening especially in thirty minutes.
  
   

1 comment:

  1. 30 minutes in my tiny house with no kids is still pushing it! That woman must be crazy.

    ReplyDelete