Have you ever heard someone say, it's the little things in life that matter. I have to agree. There are certain things in life that make it extra special, like the cherry on a banana split, even though I don't like those kind of cherries, I do have other favorite things. Here are a few of them in no particular order.
1. Best Foods Mayonnaise. I don't care how cheap the store brand is I have to have Best Foods. It's a quality of life issue.
2. Air conditioning. We have discussed this as a family and it is unanimous, air conditioning is the best invention ever.
3. iPods. I love, love, love that I don't have to hear my kids music on a daily basis and I love, love, love that I can hear mine.
4. See's Candy, what more needs to be said.
5. My Cut Co knives. Oh how I wish I had discovered these when I was eighteen. Alas, I have them now and I love them. If the house catches on fire it's me and my Cut Co block out the door.
6. Make up. I hate the time it takes me to put it on, but I am ever so grateful for the after affects.
7. Getting my nails done. Again it takes a few hours a month, but with my short and stubby fingers it's the saving grace for my hands. I like that it makes me feel feminine and pretty.
8. Boneless/skinless chicken breasts. The possibilities are endless. I could and would eat them every night, but then I would have to hear the hoards saying, "Chicken again!" That was said in a really irritating tone of voice in case you didn't catch that.
9. Book stores. I love my Kindle, but there will always be a place in my heart for books and the stores in which they live until I bring them home to live with me.
10. Computers. And last but not least is my laptop. It has changed my life. I can write anywhere and at any time. I can't tell you how much I love that.
What are your favorite things?
6 days ago