CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fire And Ice

     Okay, I realize I didn't post this morning, I apologize.  I had planned to post chapter 12, but a funny thing happened on the way to the airport yesterday.  I decided I pretty much hated the whole thing, so I came home with the hubby, and deleted most of it.  I worked on it all day yesterday and I am much happier with it, but it still isn't quite ready, so please bare with me.  I have known enough writers now that I think I can safely say that we are fairly neurotic about our work.  In the mean time I want to share a poem with you.

     Fire and Ice

     Some say the world will end in fire,
     Some say in ice.
     From what I've tasted of desire
     I hold with those who favor fire.
     But if it had to perish twice,
     I think I know enough of hate
     To say that for destruction ice
     Is also great
     And would suffice. 

     You may recognize this as the poem Bella reads in the beginning of the movie, Eclipse.  And guess what it is another Robert Frost poem.  For those of you who have been reading my blogs for a while you know that I am a little bit obsessed with him and his work. 
     I admire any one who can make a living with the written word.  If you think it is easy try this, sit at your computer and start typing a fictional story.  Just try the first chapter. Chapters vary in length but on average they are between six to ten pages long with about 250 words per page.  Give it a shot and see what you come up with I guarantee you will have a new found respect for John Grisham, Nora Roberts and Stephan King.  

No comments:

Post a Comment