CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Please Don't Share The Wealth

     I love my grandkids. They make me smile. They make me laugh.  They give me a sense of immortality.  They will be here long after I am gone.  I just wish they would quit pushing me out the door. 
      Out of the eight of them, one of them invariably has a cold, or the flu, or some other malady that I seem to catch.  When I was just the mom it seemed like I could have a house full of sick kids and I never really caught what they had, I don't know why that is.  It must be some kind of mom invisible force field. Now that I am a grandmother(Monna) I seem to get sick all the time. 
     A few days a go my daughter told me that my grandaughter had a fever and my grandson has a sore throat.  No sooner were the words out of her mouth than I started to get a sore throat.  Maybe it is the power of suggestion, except I don't want a sore throat.  I don't particularly enjoy them. I would rather be healthy.
     My daughters are usually very considerate about not bringing their kids over when they don't feel well but sometimes they are contagious before they show signs of an illness and then the damage is done.  My poor hubby has to work even if he is sick.  There are no sick days for him, that's one of the down sides to being self-employed. 
     So to all of my family and all of my friends, keep your cotton-pickin' germs to yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment