CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

To All My Friends

     Last Wednesday I blogged about going on a writers retreat to Park City Utah.  Well, I did, and I had so much fun.  I hadn't bonded with other women on this kind of level for so long that I almost forgot what it feels like.  Human beings are social creatures and I think women are more social than men.  It is so important to forge those kinds of relationships, to tend them and to nurture them.
   We have all kinds of opportunities as mothers, daughters, sisters and friends to make it happen.  I left so many good friends behind in California when we moved, and I miss them.  It seems like every one is too busy to maintain friendships and I am as guilty as anyone. 
     Friends help fill the well when it gets low.  They let you know you're not alone and that you're normal even when you don't feel like you are.  They help you maintain your balance in this crazy world.
     So here's to all my friends, old and new, you know who you are.  Thanks for being my friend and for putting up with me.  Thanks to all of you who read my blog everyday.  I hope you find some kind of value in it and it makes you laugh, or think. Mostly, I hope it brightens your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment