CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy birthday, Kaelyn!

     Today is my daughter Kaelyn's birthday. Fourteen years ago today I gave birth to her, at home, with no pain killers. This was no easy feat because she weighed in at 10 lbs 3 ozs. She was my only ten pounder thank goodness. Her thighs were pretty thick and chunky for a baby of mine, but it only lasted a few weeks before she became one of my babies with no rolls anywhere. I love chubby little babies with those adorable rolls on their thighs, but my kids, even if they started out big, had skinny little legs.
     Kaelyn is talking a tumbling class right now and loves it. She is doing well in school and loves make-up. That doesn't sound like a typical teenager at all does it. She also loves fast food and likes reading dystopian novels. For those of you not familiar with that term it's a book where the world as we know it doesn't exist anymore. There has been some kind of disaster, war, volcano, meteor striking the moon, and a formal society is no longer. I love movies like that. Kaelyn is a lot like her mom. For good or bad.
     Happy birthday, Kaelyn. We love you, even though you are fourteen, and that can be a hard age. I can't wait to see who you become when you are all grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment