CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

E-readers vs Paperback?

     I had a conversation with a friend the other day about the pros and cons of an e-reader vs a paperback and I was wondering what you all think. Do you prefer one over the other? If so, why?
     I have a Kindle, one of the less expensive ones. I love it for several reasons. First, I like to take it on trips because I can have hundreds of books on it and don't have to figure out in advance what I'm in the mood to read before I go somewhere. I also like the fact that it isn't back lit because my eyes tend to get tired. On the other hand I am thinking of getting one of the new Kindle Fires because it is back lit so I can read at night without the light on. I know, a real contradiction.
     Do you read on your smart phone or other device? I downloaded the Kindle app onto my iphone and I have to say, I'm enjoying being able to read at the airport as I wait for the hubs to fly in. I also downloaded my scriptures onto it so if you see me with my phone out at church I am probable reading them.
     I will never get rid of my collection of favorite paperbacks, but the books I have read lately have all been on my Kindle. So give a shout out as to which you prefer and be a part of a totally unscientific poll.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, that's funny. I've been entertaining the idea of getting a Kindle Fire as well. Both serve different purposes, but I haven't convinced myself I need to pay another monthly fee for a data pack on a third device. My eyes are too bad for reading through the phone app, and by the time I get there, I've sent texts to at least 12 strangers in various countries. I still buy (hardbacks even) books that go with collections I already have on my shelf. I also keep a paperback on the nightstand that I only read before going to bed. But my Kindle, hard as I fought not to cross enemy lines to the eReaders, I love! So convenient, easy to use, and by darn if Amazon isn't the most accommodating seller by "instantly" making my new book available to read. No gas, no checkstand line, but alas...I do like the Starbucks in Barnes & Noble, and the smell of paper pages. Guess I have a foot in both worlds.

    ReplyDelete