CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 8, 2013

I Have to Try This

    Do you like spicy? I love spicy stuff. I love that burn after you eat something and you can still feel it. It's like the bite that keeps on giving. I found a new recipe on Pinterest. It seems I am finding all my new recipes on Pinterest lately. It's for Baked Jalapeno Poppers. Yumm. And it looks like it was made to be a little less on the fatty side. I can't wait to give it a try. Maybe tonight for the championship game between Michigan and Louisville? It came from The Guiltless Glutton's website. If you give it a try let me know what you think. 
Ingredients:
  • 8 small wonton wrappers
  • 2 1/5 tablespoons Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
  • 8 jalapeno rings (pickled from a jar)
  • small bowl of water
  • cooking spray

Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lay out your wonton wrappers and divide out the cream cheese and cheddar cheese into the center of each wrapper. Image
  3. Put 1 jalapeno ring in each wrapper
  4. Dip your fingers into the bowl of water and lightly run your fingers over the edges of a wrapper (this make the edges stick together).
  5. Fold the wrapper so it forms a triangle around the insides (you may have to pick it up and press it a little to make sure the jalapeno lies flat and the edges close up). Side Note: I horrendously need a manicure.Image
  6. Once closed, put each bite onto a greased (spray with cooking spray) baking sheet.
  7. Spray the tops of the bites with cooking spray then put into the oven for 5 minutes.
  8. Flip them and bake for another 3 minutes.
  9. Let them cool a little bit and dig in!
Image
As much as I love bar food, I love healthy bar food alternatives better and this recipe is perfect!

Recipe and images from A Guiltless Glutton

No comments:

Post a Comment