CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 15, 2013

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

     Our family has been hit with some strange virus. The symptoms are earaches, dizziness and exhaustion. I didn't go to church yesterday and slept most of the day. The strange thing is sleep and I have always had a love hate relationship. I would love to sleep a full eight hours, or even nine or ten, but I'm lucky if I can get a good four hours straight before waking up and tossing and turning the rest of the night. So it is very odd for me to be this tired and be able to drift off. It feels really strange and good at the same time.
     Of course, being a mother I'm wracked with guilt for sleeping during the day even if I'm not feeling well. My mind goes over all the things that need to be done and I hear that voice in my head saying get up, shower, go, do and conquer. The other little voice says take advantage of it while you can because soon you'll be better and then it's back to the grindstone.
     Right now the little devil is winning. I'm off so sleep some more. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment