CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

To Coupon or Not the Coupon

     Did you know I used to be a big couponer. Spell check says couponer isn't a word. HA! I used to scan the Sunday paper and the ads to see what kind of deals I could get. I don't do that so much any more.
     I found a dollar off coupon the other day on Nutella, which my daughter is inhaling faster than I can replace it.
     Now a dollar off of something is a good coupon, but do you remember when the stores used to double them. In Cali, some stores even had triple coupon day where they would triple the value. Those days are gone forever.
     When I search for coupons now, I find piddly little ten cents off coupons. What good does that do? For instance I had a twenty-five cent off coupon for Paul Newman's Marinara, which I love, but I bought fourteen jars, so one twenty-five cent coupon hardly does much. Now if I had fourteen one-dollar-off coupons we'd be talking some serious saving. And if they doubled them! Woo Whoo!
    I miss the good old days when couponing meant serious saving. It seems like the prices go higher and the coupons get smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment