CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tortellini Soup

     I have a new recipe for all of you. It fits my favorite requirement, it's easy. I love easy recipes because my life is not easy. And every one should have something that's easy in their life. Right? So after a long day you can toss these ingredients together and waalaa easy.
    Here is the recipe for Tortellini soup.

1 plus pound of mild Italian sausage (I prefer Johnsonville for the spices)
Brown, drain and then I rinse off to get off more oil.
4 cups water (Can add more if needed when tortellini is cooking)
2 cans of tomato soup
1/2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
2 carrots or more
1 zucchini (the size you find in stores)
Boil, stirring occasionally so doesn’t burn, until carrots are about cooked to liking.
Add package of tortellini (fresh or frozen)  Cook time what is call for. Appox. 10 minutes.
You can double by adding twice of everything but the soup.  For a real large pot like at the retreat I added one extra can.
You can also top with grated Parmesan.  
 I served with warm garlic bread.
      This is delicious. We ate it for days because I doubled the recipe and everyone loved it. 
     Thanks to Alysia Ricks for this wonderful recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment