CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Diet and Exercise the Way It Should Be

     Have you ever noticed that every woman's magazine on the face of the earth has a new diet for us to try every single month. Not to mention the "How does Kim keep her shape?" or "Carrie works hard to keep her size two body."  I mean really?  Are we all supposed to be a size two.  Do we have no worth if we're a size four, or heaven forbid a fourteen?  Their is a strong bias against women who are larger than what the media tells us is acceptable.  For instance, how many t.v. shows and movies have perfect and beautiful young women with chubby or old men.  What's up with that?! 
       I really don't understand, or enjoy, the whole diet and exercise thing.  I know it's good for you, and it's good for your heart, and it improves your quality of life, blah, blah, blah.  I mean I have tried so many different diets and exercise programs and routines in my life I would probably be a millionaire if I could get all my money back. I feel like that's what it's really all about. How much money can the diet and exercise folks make off of us. We all want the easy way and their is no easy way.  You have to work your butt off, literally, and you have to starve.  Is their anyone that doesn't know that?  And I don't need the government to force movie theaters to post the calorie count of a bucket of popcorn. I know it's about a weeks worth of calories, that's what makes it so fun.
      And if nature wanted us to exercise we should be able to run on the treadmill for thirty minutes and lose five pounds. Now that would be worth it. If you had to lose 25lbs. you could work out five days in a row and you're good to go.  Or you could skip a meal and lose 2-3lbs.  (I allotted more weight to the exercise because, after all, if you're going to get sweaty it should count a little more.)  So many more of us would do it if you could see the results that much sooner. Don't you think?
    Why doesn't someone invent a pill that you take before exercising and it makes you burn off 10 times the calories.  Now that would be worth the money.  Come on modern science, my soft and puffy self is waiting.
                
 

No comments:

Post a Comment