Sometimes life can get so crazy that it seems we go day to day or even minute to minute without really taking a step back and looking at our lives. When I do take a minute, I realize how lucky I am. I have a great husband and I probably should tell him that more often so today I am going to. Here are ten reasons I love my husband.
1. He is one of the hardest working people I have ever seen. For years he worked seven days a week, sometimes sixteen hour days to support his ever growing family.
2. He would drop everything to help one of his kids and I have seen him do so hundreds of times.
3. He has a great laugh. We have been married for over thirty years and it still makes me feel good inside to hear him really laugh.
4. He is generous to a fault. Years ago we had been scrimping and saving to get him a new suit, which he needed desperately. Instead, he took that money and bought a new suit for our son. It took us a couple years before we were able to get him the new suit he needed, but I never once heard him complain.
5. He almost always lets me have my way. In fact it's one of his best qualities. Of course, I usually am right, but none the less he gives in. I really like that. :)
6. He has deep faith that never waivers. I have drawn strength from him so many times over the years that I can't even begin to count them.
7. I still think he's cute. I can hear my children gagging, coughing and saying "that is so gross" right now.
8. We really are a team. When things get crazy around here, and that happens a lot, sometimes I say, "I don't want to live here anymore." He'll say, "Okay, let's go. Wherever you go, I go." Of course we would never actually leave, but it's nice to know we have options.
10. And last but not least. I love my hubby because he loves me. I'm not really sure why, but he does. I know he does because he puts gas in my car for me. And he doesn't like me to go out by myself after dark, just in case the car might break down. And he goes to Walmart with me to grocery shop, even though he hates it. And he tells me I'm the most valuable player around here and they would all be lost without me. And he tells me I smell good. If that's not love I don't know what is.
Disclaimer: When I PMS, I totally claim the right to change my mind about all of the above for at least three days.
1 week ago