CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Behind Already

       I'm not even a week into Nano and I'm already behind. (See last Thursday's post)  How can that be? Oh yeah, I'm a wife and mother. I should be used to this. You know the old saying, 'The best laid plans of mice and men are quickly laid asunder.' That's me I plan things and in ten minutes out the window they go.
     Last week for instance, I had my day all planned and the next thing I knew I was on my way to the urgent care for my daughter's broken toe, which turned into toes. The day after that I thought I knew just how I was going to spend my time, but I wound up at the Dr. with my other daughter for her baby appointment.
     So goes my life. And I hate to say it but the hubster is the worst. On the very first day of Nano, I was ready to isolate myself in my room and pound out a chapter, but since baseball season is over and football hasn't gotten into full swing and there weren't any basketball games on that night, he decided we should go see a movie. This is something that we rarely get to do. I didn't want to hurt his feelings and who knows when we'll get the chance to go again, (this is how I justified it) so off we went.
     Now the hubby left to go to Cali for work and I am ready to hit it.
     Wait, the boys have dentist appointments in an hour, and to make matters worse they have the day off from school. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
     That rhythmic thumping you hear is me banging my head against the wall. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment