CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 12, 2012

Right Where I Want To Be

     Here we are in the middle of November and I have already started my Christmas shopping. Now, I have to admit I have a long, long way to go, but knowing that I started gives me hope that I may not be at Walmart on Christmas Eve fighting for the left overs, like every other year.
     I would love to be one of those people who are done by Thanksgiving, but I never am. I just have too many people to buy for and not enough money at one time to do it all. This year we are cutting back. The economy has hit us hard with rising gas and milk prices, but that's okay.
     Christmas is not about the gifts. At least its not supposed to be. And if you watch all the Christmas specials, that's what they are trying to tell us. It's about family and friends and being with the ones you love to celebrate the day of our Lord's birth.
     I wonder what he would say to us about the huge amount of money we spend at this time of year? Would he be disappointed that we don't spend more on the poor and the homeless? Or would he be disappointed that we don't focus on him this much all year long. I think about these kinds of things.
     When I step back from the day to day grind that we call life I can see all the blessings I have. There are too many to mention, but I have a family that I love, we are healthy we have food and shelter. That's more than some people will ever have and for these things and all the other blessing in my life, I am grateful. This is right where I want to be as the Christmas season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment