CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Maybe it's Just Me

     Here we go with the start of the holiday season. It's a mixed blessing to me. As much as I love this time of year and my family, having the kids home so much can be a pain in the neck.
      There are trade offs to be sure. You get to sleep in and you don't have to fight the homework thing, but then you have to feed them constantly and referee their fights. Whose turn is it on the computer and whose turn is it to empty the dishwasher? There are times I wish school would start at 9:00 am and get out at 5:00 pm. You know, get them ready for real life, toughen them up.
     I've now got my boys doing their own laundry and they have to clean their room. They're 9 and 11 so I think they're plenty old enough. Nothing like do your own laundry to make you realize it's not worth putting clean clothes in the hamper because you're too lazy to set them on a shelf. Haha, there's a method to my meanness. How's that for real life?
     The Christmas holiday is particularly hard when they are home. I start to go shopping and they want to go with me. How's that supposed to work? I can't buy them presents when they are right there. And they are too old for the, "That's for your cousin," trick. This is just another reason why the holidays are a mixed blessing for me, as far as school being out. Do you ever feel this way? .....Maybe it's just me. :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment