CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2013

Filling Up the Pantry

     We ran to Costco this morning, so I am late getting to this today. One of the goals I set for myself for the new year, was to build up our tiny little food storage supplies. We used to have a large food storage, but we have gone through a lot of it and now it's time to rebuild.
     Last month I added 250 pounds of rice to what we already had. I have to laugh at this because the hubby doesn't like rice, but I do, so there. I also added six bags of barley. They are small bags, only 28oz each, but I got a great deal on Amazon. I have been looking for barley in the stores around here but they don't carry it anymore and when they do it is mucho expensive.
     I have a list as long as my arm of things we need to restock, but I figure be like the tortoise and not the hare and by the end of the year I hope to have a full pantry to show for it.
     And interesting side note, I also bought three big bags of Costco toilet paper which cost me $14.99 each while the sugar cost me only $11.59 for a 25 pound bag. I consider this a deal because the sugar is going to last a lot longer than the TP but it just seems wrong to pay more for the TP, considering its purpose compared with the sweet goodness of sugar. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment