CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Why Leave?

     Did you see the headline on MSN about the American couple that has disappeared while on a biking trip to Peru? And this comes right after the New York mother who went to Turkey by herself was murdered.
     This is why I have no desire to travel outside of the USA. There are a lot of places in the world where the people don't like Americans.
     There a lot of places in the US I wouldn't go either. Harlem, east LA. Chicago's southside and Detroit.
     When Detroit's police chief warned people to not come there due to crime and the police department being downsized due to budget cuts, I listened. Not that I would go there anyway, but still.
     I have several friends who have traveled extensively and when I listen to them laugh and talk about the awful toilets and bad hotels I think I can have all that in the US and save a lot of money. I can also be treated rudely by teenagers working in restaurants. I can be confused by strange traffic rules and I don't even need to leave Utah for that, thanks to SLC and their one way streets.
     I could spend a lifetime traveling the good ole US of A and never see it all, so why leave? And biking trips to Peru are never gonna happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, especially to Mexico and South America. The Middle East should be obvious to avoid.
    There is enough to see here in the USA and today, I want to see sun!
    Always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete