CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2013

Where Have I Been My Whole Life

     Do you ever have those moments when you think, 'Where have I been all my life?' That's not a typo.
     Last night my son Eric made us watch a dvd of Pink Floyd in concert. I LOVED it. The music was awesome. Of course, I had heard of them. They were popular when I was a kid, but I never really got into them. I was more a John Denver kind of girl.
     It was the same way when Seinfeld went off the air. I remember the whole country was in mourning. Everyone was crying, "What are we going to talk about at work without Seinfeld on TV anymore?"
     The hubs and I had never, ever watched even one episode of Seinfeld in the nine years it was on.
     We looked at each other and said, "What have we been doing for the last nine years."
     "I don't know. What night was Seinfeld on?"
     "I have no idea."
      That's how that went. Then guess what? We discovered Seinfeld in reruns and fell in love with it. We now have all the seasons on dvd and we watch them regularly.
      I keep hearing all these people talk about shows like Downton Abbey, Vampire Diaries and Dexter and I wonder how many years from now it will be before I break down and watch one of these shows, get addicted, and buy all the seasons on dvd.
     Do be like me. I'm socially out of the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment