CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Feeling a Little Bit Like Springtime!

     Here in the beautiful state of Utah, it's beginning to feel a little bit like springtime. The snow is melting and the temperatures are getting warmer. I have yet to see any sign of my tulips, but I'm sure it won't be long.
     I love springtime. I love seeing the trees getting their new leaves and the grass turning green, all the flowers that come alive. The kids can play outside again, a definite plus. The skies are blue and it just feels good.
     What I don't like about springtime is it leads into summer. Have I mentioned we don't like the heat? I'm sure that somewhere deep in our DNA there is an anti-heat loving gene. I can feel it already the days are getting longer and the temperature is rising. Before we know it the sun will be beating down on me as I hurry into Walmart and it will make me break out into a sweat. I don't like that. There's only one thing I do that is supposed to make me sweat and it doesn't involve going outside.(treadmill, just in case you were thinking something else)
     Springtime also means the start of the yard work season for the hubs. He loves that, NOT.
    I will enjoy the spring and revel in its beauty, but when the heat turns on I will be hibernating inside my temperature controlled house like a sleeping bear only to stick a toe outside come autumn to test for cooler air. I'll see you then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment