CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hard Times A-Comin'

     I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately about what is really important in life. As Americans we are so programed from birth to think that we need "things." We spend our lives buying stuff. Some of it we use on a daily basis, but some things sit and collect dust.
     There have been so many times I wish I could go back and not buy whatever it was that I thought I needed.
      Spend, spend, spend, it's what makes our economy go round. At least that's what the government wants us to believe. After the recession started in 2008, many people deeply regretted not having money in their savings accounts. We tend to live paycheck to paycheck here in the U.S. or even worse live on our credit cards. I am the first to admit that saving is hard. After paying the bills and buying food there isn't a lot left at the end of the month.
     The scary thing is what is going to happen when the next big crash happens? How long can our government keep printing money to prop up our economy and not face up to the MASSIVE amount of debt they have buried us in?
     I may not have a degree in economics, but I have run a household for many years, and anyone who has can tell you, you can't spend more than you earn because sooner or later it will bite you in the behind. And I don't care what kind of spin the Washington types are putting on it. We are in trouble, people.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have food storage and be grateful for what we have. I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete