CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Year Round School? Whose Idea Was This?

     Our elementary school is going to year round....(que scary music here). I have managed to avoid this for the other nine kids. That's a whole lot of avoiding.
     For my son's sake I'm trying to have a good attitude, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate it.
     I liked having my boys on the same schedule because they are best friends. Now my 12 year old is going on to jr. high and my poor Scot is going to be stuck in elementary on different schedules. So while Ryan is enjoying summer until the end of August, Scot has to go back to school the end of July. (I see a total melt down coming.) That means I will have one of them home a lot more often than I am used to.
     While Ryan is getting ready for school to end for the holidays in December, Scot will be off the whole month of December. How the heck am I supposed to get any Christmas shopping done with him home? Has no one thought this through? Mothers depend on that time to run ourselves into the ground with exhaustion.
     Instead of having months with all the kids in school, I will have one of them home most of the time. I'm pretty sure this is not going to be fun. For now I smile and tell Scot it's going to be great, but I have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment