CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Lesson Learned From 9/11

     We spent most of Sunday watching 9/11 shows on tv and reliving that day ten years ago when everything changed.  I remember watching the continuous news coverage and feeling like I was in shock. Those same feelings came back as the images played on our big screen today. I remember the days following when American flags were every where and people filled the pews at churches all over the country searching for comfort and peace.
      I remember hugging my kids and telling them I loved them in the wake of 9/11. I wanted to tell them everyday for all the mothers and fathers who died that day and who could no longer tell their kids. I think we all realized in those few hours how quickly our lives can change or end without any warning at all. Of all the things that we learned that day, appreciating and taking time with our families is the most valuable and I try to remember that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment