CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Few Thoughts On Life And Death

     I want to let you all know that my father-in-law, Robert Stefan passed away last Friday evening. He was here, at home and we were with him and my mother-in-law. It was a very peaceful and spiritual experience and I am grateful that I got to be a part of it.
   As a society we have insulated ourselves from two of the most important experiences in life, the act of birth and death. Most families, for centuries have been around when the women in their lives gave birth, even if the children weren't in the room, they were well aware of the magnitude of it. We have taken that away from our children by sending them to grandma's while mom has another baby.
     We have done the a same thing with death. Most people today die in hospitals or retirement homes, if they live that long. Sometimes, family is there and sometimes not. If you look at history, for generations older family members, or sick family members died at home, surrounded by people that love them and have taken care of them since the day they were born. 
     Life is a circle of birth and death. If you are born, someday your body will die, it is one of the truths of this world. I am grateful for my belief in life after death. It is comforting to know that someday we will be together as a family once more. I know that the bonds we form on earth are the most important relationships there are and they continue after our physical bodies can no longer go on.
     Bob was the first grandparent to pass for my children and it has been a positive experience to explain to them that we are sealed in the temple and we are an eternal family. Someday their other grandparents will pass and then it will be time for my generation to go.
     Life is a gift and I think we have lived it well, so miss us, but don't mourn for the wrong reasons. We will be on a new adventure and awaiting the arrival of the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment