CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Permit Day Here In Utah.

     Today is a day that puts terror in the hearts of parents everywhere. Our daughter is taking her drivers permit test today. You would think I would be used to this by now, after all, I have six adult children and they all have their licenses. She will be number seven.
    It's not like I don't think she's a good driver, because she is. It is the thought of all the other drivers out there speeding, and texting while they drive, and driving with friends in the car, and the snowy, icy roads that we have to deal with on occasion, that scare me.
     I think every parent lives with a secret fear when they reach this poin they will get that dreaded phone call that your child has been in an accident. We have already had that phone call with her when she was a passenger in a car that was in an accident and I don't want that to happen again.
    So if you are driving in northern Utah any time in the near future, please go the speed limit, pay attention to what you are doing, don't text, and look out for a girl with blonde and brown two tone hair. That's one of my babies and I want to keep her safe and sound for a long, long time. Eventually, she's going to find the right guy and get married and is going to give me five or six grandkids and I want everyone of them. And I want to see her grow older along with her babies and face the day when they go and get their permits and we can talk about the worries and anxiety of thinking that her baby is going to be turned loose on the highways of America.
    It's a vicious cycle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment