CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby Liam and Our Road Trip

     I am back in Utah after five days and two eleven hour drives with a one year old and his mom. We went to see the only daughter I have left in So Cal. She called early Friday morning to say her water broke, so Kristin and I got up and got on the road as soon as we could. We left at one p.m. I don't know why it's so hard for mom's to pack and go. Could it be the hundreds of things we do every day that no one else can do but us?  We had banking and shopping and laundry and packing and cooking to get done before we could leave.
     We drove like crazy, well into the night. It began to look as if we could make it for the birth and we couldn't believe it. She was at a nine for hours. I ran into the hospital thinking, I would be there just in time to see the little guy into the world, boy was I wrong. It took another four hours. Finally, little Liam joined us at 4:15 am and we couldn't be happier. The only down side, we didn't get to bed until 6:30am. and we haven't recovered yet.
    It was a great trip all around. I got to see my dad, who just had knee replacement surgery and is in a rehab center. I got to have lunch with several members of my family including my sister whose birthday it was. I didn't get to see as many people as I wanted to, the list could take weeks, but we got to see Liam and that was the main thing.

1 comment: