CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 27, 2012

Batten Down the Hatches, Here They Come!

     Did you miss me yesterday? I had to be at the dentist with the hubby at a horribly early hour yesterday and by the time we got home from that and running errands it was time to pick up kids from school. Now, I don't know how it is for all of you, but once the kids get home it's all down hill from there. And this time of year seems to be busier than any other. Both our boys have both soccer and baseball practice and starting next week we will have baseball games in addition to it all. Then there is scouts and school stuff.
     It makes my head spin trying to remember who has to be where at what time. It is moments like this when I wish we had reached the point where we could clone ourselves. It's really bad on Tuesday when the hubster is out of town on business and I am on my own. I spend the afternoon and evening in my car.  I'm so glad I have a Kindle I can take with me and catch up on my reading, while I wait at the four different practices I attend.
     I wondered if other mothers felt like this and yesterday my good friend Jamie posted on Facebook and said, "I can't believe it's time to pick up the kids from school already. I need another hour..or two... or three." It was then I knew, I am but one of many mom's who always need just a little bit more time to get the things done we need to do before we have to batten down the hatches and face the rest of an already exhausting day.
     Here it is Friday already and for us here in Utah, it's early out. Which means the kids get home even earlier. Whose idea was that? If the schools really cared about us moms they would keep the kids until five on Fridays. After all, we have them all weekend. :)

2 comments: