CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 6, 2012

The Dreaded Tickle in Your Throat Cough

     I have a cold and I'm not very happy about it. The worst part of having a cold for me is the cough. I get that tickle in your throat kind of cough and I cough until I almost gag, or I do gag. My husband and kids hate it. "Stop coughing!" is all I hear. Like I am doing it on purpose or something.
     The last two nights I have gotten out of my nice warm bed to sleep on the couch, so I don't wake the hubby while I cough. I have tried taking Nighttime NyQuil and it works for about two to three hours and then the coughing starts up again.
     Does anyone out there in internet land have a sure fire cure for the tickle in the throat cough that is taking over my life? Over the years I have tried almost every cough medicine on the market, none of them work like I think they should. I have gotten prescription cough medicine with codeine and that stuff is the bomb. It is the only thing that works. We hoard it like greedy little trolls when we get it. It's too bad they won't give it out for the common cold. You have to have bronchitis or something like that to get it.
     The only plus to I can find to all of this is that even after ten kids, when I cough I don't wet my pants. And you moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

1 comment:

  1. I read rubbing Eucalyptus oil on the bottom of your feet is supposed to help... a pinterest trick. Worth a try, right? :)

    ReplyDelete