CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dish Dilemma Follow Up

     I want to thank everyone who tossed their two cents into the pot last week on my Dish Dilemma post.I had no idea the storm of controversy I was causing. Facebook traffic must have increased ten fold because of it. 
     I have taken your advice and divided up the kitchen into two jobs. We have the kitchen person and the dish person. The kitchen person is responsible for clearing, wiping, putting away, and floors. The dish person is responsible for dishes both dishwasher-able and hand-washing what is not dishwasher-able.
     I still find it surprising that I have to do this for the fourteen and over crowd we have living here. I swear they are all wanna be lawyers, arguing their case like they do.
     So far we have had pretty good success with everyone sharing the load. It's only been a few days, however. I will have to report back on how it all works out long-term.
     I would also like to point out that I have been doing dishes since I was six. No dishwasher. And no one had to tell me that wiping and clearing the table were part of the job. Just Sayin'

1 comment:

  1. 30 days to start a new habit mom. Keep it going! The first 30 days are the hardest!

    ReplyDelete