CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Garden Time

     Now that we're home from vacation and the chance of frost has passed, it's time to start planting. I could hardly sleep last night thinking about all the things I want to plant. Visions of red ripe tomatoes, squash and watermelons are just a few. If you have ever popped a warm, ripe cherry tomato into your mouth straight from the plant, you know what I'm talking about. 
     Our stake has a garden and I thought I had missed the boat on getting a spot this year, but got lucky and someone from another ward dropped out, HA! Sucker. I'm taking your spot, and when you are paying for tomatoes and cucumbers from Walmart, I'll be bringing mine home from the garden and I won't have to scrub that nasty wax coating off that they spray onto the cucumbers at the store.
     I think maybe cantaloupe will be on the list this year along with the watermelon. I can just taste that fruit salad now.
     My hubby and kids think I'm crazy and they hate having to go the garden and pull weeds, but I say, "tough." It's good for them to see what goes into producing food and a little hard work in the hot sun never hurt anyone. The kids need to learn to work, it's important. And I don't care if they think I'm a strange. Bring on the pumpkin starts, baby, it's garden time.

No comments:

Post a Comment