CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Paul Revere to the Rescue

     Yesterday, my hubby, my mother-in-law, and myself went to my son, Ryan's school performance. In which he played Paul Revere. Now, before I go any further, I have to tell you I have been doing yearly school performances since 1986. Sometimes as many as seven in one year, every year, over and over again. So, I have seen A LOT of plays, musicals and what have you.
     And, though I can't say I remember them all, I remember the standouts. Like when my oldest daughter thought I was late because she couldn't find me in the crowd and she gave me dirty looks all through the entire Christmas performance. I have that one on tape. I remember my other daughter doing a song routine called, "Cute Chicks," where they dressed up like baby chicks. I can still sing most of the song in my head and I do on occasion. She's now almost twenty.
     Yesterday's performance will be long in my mind because my son played Paul Revere and he rode all over the stage in an inflatable horse, with a tricorn hat on his head. I had to laugh. It was great.
     And I have to confess that when they asked the veterans to stand and the kids sang the songs from all the branches of the military, I got a little choked up. I am an unashamed, heart swells in my chest, patriot and those things get to me. When Lady Liberty stood on a box with the immigrants around her and recited the words from the statue of Liberty, I was moved to tears. It happens every time.
     The funny thing was, later on my hubby said to me, "I got a little choked up when they did the Statue of Liberty thing." Ha! So it's not just me. No wonder we get along so well.
     I have three kids left in school and someday the plays for my children will end, however, I planned it right and this fall I will have three grand kids in school, so guess what? The school plays, choir performances, musicals and such will continue in the Stefan household for decades to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you get ANYTHING on video?! Such precious moments! I would've loved to see Ryan perform :(

    ReplyDelete