CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 4, 2012

Road Trip Number 3 NO!!!!

     Here we go again. We are heading out to Cali tomorrow to spend a few days at Disneyland since our passes are about to expire. I always have bouts of anxiety when we get ready to do this. Not to mention, the thought of spending ten hours in a car with four children should be enough to strike fear and panic into the heart of any mother.
     Past experience has taught me well, so I am breaking out the heavy artillery. I'm packing the dvd player, the ipods, the DS's, and the shuffles. We're heading to Walmart with all the kids(I try to avoid this like the plague) so they can pick out any snack they have ever dreamed about. I hope and pray that with all of the above we will be able to make it without a full ten hours of, "He's got his foot touching my foot!" and "I don't want him breathing on me!" and "How much longer?!!!" Of course there is the road trip classic, "I have to go to the bathroom."
     Is it any wonder I have anxiety about these things? Just to be sure I don't have to listen to them too much I'm packing my ipod and I'm turning it up loud. I can listen to all the country music I want and I don't have to hear "them" moaning and groaning in the back seats.
     I know this sounds bad and it's not like I don't want to be with my family. I'm just not sure such an enclosed space with no avenue for escape is healthy, for me. Okay! I'm a bad mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment