CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thinking About the Hubby Today

     My hubby is coming home today after being gone for a week and a half. I really miss him. I'm used to having him around. The old saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder," is true. After all he's been around since I was sixteen. You kind of get used to a person when you have known them that long. You still see their annoying little habits, but you ignore them, or learn to live with them just as they do with yours.
     I feel sorry for people who quit on their marriages too soon. They never reach that point where it just isn't worth the energy to fight over all the little things that don't matter. I can't remember the last time we had a real fight. It's been years.
     Sometimes I wonder if that is because we have come to know each other so well that we know how the other will react to things and we just avoid what will irritate them? It's not worth the stress to bicker.
     Either way I'm grateful for all the years we've been together. I'm grateful for all the kids we've had. I'm grateful for all the beautiful and perfect grandkids we share. And I am grateful for all the years ahead.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment