CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It Ain't Over Til It's Over

     I have to confess to being a list maker. I have lists for so many things from groceries I need to buy, to projects I want to do, goals I want to accomplish and everything in between. Do I follow those lists? Not always... Well, most of the time no. Why?  Because I tend to shoot for the stars. Why not? I'm only setting these goals on paper and paper is cheap.
     I know deep down that I need to be a little bit more realistic when it comes to setting goals but let's face it if you don't shoot for the stars once in a while you won't know what you are capable of achieving. In the last year I have learned that I can make a menu for the entire month and follow it. I have written a whole book, I have exercised for thirty days in a row and lost a significant amount of weight all because I set goals.
     I feel pretty good about accomplishing these things and I choose to dwell on what I have done rather than what is still on the list. After all everyday is a new day and I can start again. I can make a new list or adjust an old one. That is the beauty of life, it ain't over til it's over.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment