CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's Not About You Anymore

     I have always told my kids that the minute you are expecting a baby it's not about you anymore. As a parent, especially a mother, your whole life if dedicated to making sure that child has everything they need from food and diapers to the love and emotional support they need to grow up to be the best person they can.
     Once you are a parent, it doesn't matter how old your child gets, you worry about them. Are they happy, are they healthy, are they doing what's right? When they marry, you just take on another person to worry about. Then when they have kids it starts all over.
     This leads to hours and hours of worry and concern. And, of course, the more kids you have the more you worry.
     Yesterday my youngest fell off his scooter and hurt his wrist. He really didn't cry that much and it didn't look swollen so I told him he would be fine and he and his brother went to the Clearfield Aquatic Center for several hours. After dinner he was complaining about his wrist hurting and when I looked at it I saw that it was swollen. I knew it was broken. I had that sick feeling in my stomach you get when one of your kids is hurt and you haven't paid it enough attention and you feel like a really bad mom. In my defense this is the kid that thinks he needs to go the ER when he gets an eye lash in his eye.
    Off to the urgent care we went and after the Dr. looked at it and X-ray's sure enough it's broken. The cast goes on next week, after the swelling goes down. On the bright side, he'll have a nice new cast on his arm when he starts school and kids love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment