CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ode to September

     Here it is August 3. The hottest month of the year, or one of them at least. Now I only have to survive 28 more days to make it to September. I know September is still hot, but it's like the light at the end of the long, hot, desert tunnel. In September the days are noticeably getting shorter and the nights cooler. Some of the leaves begin to change colors and I know summer's days are numbered.
     I love September. It's one of my favorite months. School's back in session and the house once again gets quiet, well, quieter during the day. The evenings feel like fall and have that orangy glow about them, especially late September. People start to decorate for fall and I love that. Yard work slows down because the grass and weeds aren't growing quite so fast. The hubby loves that. I'll be able to set the self-cleaning option on my ovens without the air conditioner going crazy or feeling like I'm living in an oven.
     There are so many things to love about September, I could go on forever. Come on September!

No comments:

Post a Comment