CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Where is my Master Planning Menu Calendar?!!!!!

     I try to be organized, I really do, but it's like the forces of nature are against me. This time I am missing the cheap three dollar calendar that I bought from Walmart that I was writing down my menus on. Granted I had slacked the last few months and not written down as many well planned out dinners, but the first few months of the year were perfect. Now the calendar is AWOL, that's absent without leave for those of you not familar with military lingo, and I need it to plan dinner tonight. I hate this. Who would take my menu planner and abscond with it!
     The frustrating thing is this isn't the first time this has happened. I had a tiny three ring binder years ago that I had page protectors in. In each page protector I had a blank monthly calendar on which I was planning menus. I was doing it as the year went so I could take advantage of sales and seasonal produce and incorporate them into my menu plan. It all sounds really impressive doesn't it? Except that one of my kids needed a small three ring binder with page protectors and they found mine. They tossed all of my menus and took it to school. I didn't find this out until months later when said binder came home in a backpack.
     Did I mention it was September when it disappeared and I had nine months worth of meals planned on that thing. I was never going to have to plan menu's again. I would just look at the month and make whatever was listed.It has taken years for me to work up the courage and fight through the disappointment and try again to make a master calendar. AND NOW IT'S GONE AGAIN. I had such hopes for that menu planner.
      Were having pizza tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment