CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Joy Of Victory And The Agony Of Defeat

     Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It is not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it. (Margret Thatcher)

     I love this quote. I have so many days when my list feels as if it is a mile long and, to be honest, I almost never get to half of what is on my list.  But every once in a while, I will accomplish something that has been on my list for a long, long time, and when I do I know the joy of victory.  Most of the time when I feel like that it is because it is something that I don't want to do and I have been putting it off forever.  Things like that haunt me.  They pop into my mind at the oddest times making me feel guilty. I'm sure that all of my friends are never like that.  They are all organized and perfect and on the ball.  The very opposite of me.  At least they are in my world of guilt.
     I am happy about one goal I accomplished.  It is a three part thing.  I cleaned out my food storage room a while ago and I did a nice job, if I do say so myself.  However, I left one thing undone.  The labels that I put on the bins of food down there came off and it has been a pain.  Every time I go down to find something specific, I have to take very heavy bins off of the shelves, open them and see what is inside, when all I had to do was find the packing tape and tape the labels back on.  I am ashamed to say that it has been almost a year since this happened and I just taped them back on this week.  Why you ask? Let me tell you, because I couldn't find the expensive packing tape dispenser that I needed and I didn't want to buy more packing tape when I knew I had some.  Well, after almost a year, I broke down and bought more tape. Yes, I spent the $1.97 to get more.  Here's the funny part, the new tape has disappeared, I can't find it anywhere.  The old tape dispenser, however, has magically reappeared in a cupboard in my kitchen.  Don't ask me where it came from because I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it. I was able to tape the labels back on and then I was able to put away all the pasta we bought a month ago that the hubby just sat in there.  And last, but not least I have been working on getting more food storage because we are very low.  And that scares me because we like to eat around here, a lot.  And finally, I added 75 pounds of dried beans to my storage.  That was part three.  So for now I am satisfied. Today I know the "joy of victory rather than the agony of defeat."
     But tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment