CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a World, What a World

     I think humans are lazy by nature.  Just think about all the inventions that have changed our lives in the last one hundred years. The automobile, we no longer have to ride horses, or travel in carriages or covered wagons.  I don't know how the pioneers survived months of, "Are we there yet?" or "He's touching me, Mom."  It's a wonder any children arrived on the old homestead alive and well.
     The telephone. Folks could pick up the phone and talk to family and friends instantly.  Now, we have cell phones replacing land lines and pay phones. When was the last time you saw a pay phone?  In our house we have taken advantage of this to the max. We call each other because we have gotten too lazy to actually go down stairs and tell someone that dinner is ready.
     The washing machine. If I would have had to wash all of my kids clothes on a wash board, I seriously would have limited my children to two or they would have run around naked. And of course, the dishwasher.  This was a blessing sent from heaven to all the over worked women everywhere.  I have two of them in my kitchen.  When you have holidays with over thirty to forty people it is a necessity.  On a daily basis we can have twenty or so people here for dinner and most of them share my DNA.
     Entertainment has changed, we have gone from radio, to TV, to computers, to phones and iPads where you can watch all your favorite shows any time, any place.  And we don't have to get off of the couch to change the channels, our remotes do it all.
     To quote the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz, "What a world, what a world."  Although there is a dark side to all of this technology, we're all getting soft and puffy(of course, I mean me.)  After all, I don't think the pioneers had to worry about getting a muffin top. :)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment